Happy New Year to all my blog followers and well wishers

Another year comes to an end and a Brand new year begins. So the time to forget all the negatives that happened in the last 365 days and to cherish the happiness time  brought to all our lives- thats going to be the 31st eve . To some inevitable and unrepairable losses would have happened- I  pray for those kind hearted people to have the strength to move forward in lives, For some it would have been a year that brought all happiness and achievements I congratulate those lucky ones too. Whatever it may be lets welcome the new year with a bash!!! Well we all know its just another normal day thats going to start its just the numericals of the year that changes, but lets take it as a ray of hope , a means to find a change in our routine life , something to look forward to and a great time to celebrate outdoor or at home . For some its resolution period, but I believe that can be done any time of the year and not delay till another year starts. (No hard feelings, just my personal opinion)

I remember the new year days with my parents during my school college days  -it would be the final days of the vacation,  and the exam paper tension would have already started. Still I would look forward to this day as we would order the latest cake of the season and would cut it when the clock strikes 12 on the 31st eve. Achamma would then sing and wish everyone a happy new year. We would light lamp and pray for a happy year ahead. 
As days went by new year images changed. I started my career . As I was still with my parents we didnt miss the event of cake cutting though my dear achamma was not with us by then. We missed her greetings every year after that. 1st of the year was not a holiday . Even if so for students it was not so for teaching staff and I was in the latter category. We would go early morning after the night long TV watching and then reach college. There would be a small prayer and after light breakfast we would return .I must admit that those new year days started with grumbling though.
Years passed by and now its new year as a wife. Its also special indeed. During the last three years of my marriage New year was special as it was holiday for my hubby . We would either go for tours or just sit and watch snow inside our sweet home, we decorated the house with colorful lights and also a christmas tree. It was always all the more special as its just a couple days after our wedding anniversary. 

So yeah thats my story of new year................Everyone whether living in India or abroad , whichever religion, old or young , whatever profession they are in.........everyone celebrates new year in special way. Its a UNIVERSAL celebration day. So let me wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year ahead . 



1 comment:

  1. really fantastic write up. I never thought that you will write like this. I really appreciate you remembering your Achamma at this auspicious day. I am really proud of you daughter. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete