Prayer meeting at my home


Finally it is time for me to travel back to my native. Four years of life in USA taught me a lot of new things - about how to manage a house, how to cook variety dishes, how to live independent , how to adjust to different lifestyle in a different country, how to socialize in different groups , how to plan a long trip , how to entertain guests at home , how to get involved in a social service as I had been a volunteer in American Red cross and a good lot of things. I guess the only thing I missed here was my family and also a career but the advantages I got here sort of masked all the minus points . The best thing I got here was a peaceful and quiet life with my husband soon after marriage , in this small place Warsaw, which is the most beautiful town I have ever seen with so many friendly and helpful people all around. The time when I reached here we had a good lot of Indian families who never gave me a chance to miss my family. All were so helpful , friendly, and fun loving  and I got the best friends from different parts of India in the very first year of my life here . We had lot of parties , celebrated all Indian festivals and had picnics every summer which brought the families close with each other. We also made use of all the holidays going for long trips . We covered all the landmarks in USA which we were longing to see directly. I guess this is a lifetime opportunity and we grabbed the most benefits out of it doing all the activities like skying, playing golf, shooting ,doing bonfire , eating all typical American dishes etc. We also made some very close family friends here .The surprising fact was that we also met some old school mates and college mates from here in unexpected ways which also doubled the contacts and fun. In total , I would say it was a memorable four year stay here. 


So I wanted to keep a prayer meeting at my place before leaving just for an auspicious feel to thank God Almighty for all the blessings showered on us during our stay here . I invited all my close friends home and we spend one spiritual evening with prayers and chantings . I could get a feel of a homam being done at home as all the furniture and household items got sold at that period and also our bags were all packed . It was indeed a feel good factor. I made some prasadhams like coconut rice, channa dal sundal, semiya payasam and plantain fry . Also had some dry fruits and fresh fruits as nivedhyam. 

1 comment:

  1. that was really nice shilpa.....'n' happy to hear u r back to India

    ReplyDelete