Pineapple Sago pudding


This is a variety dessert which is tasty , easy to prepare and requires very less ingredients. I had a packet of Sabudana as recently my friend Sowmya  prepared some dishes with it which were completely new to me . So I too wanted to try out different recipes with it and I took some cooking tips from her.This is my first venture in cooking Sabudana (chouwari) or sago . As it is the first trial with it I decided to make a sweet item and my first plan was to make kheer (Payasam). But then I found this interesting recipe which includes pineapple too.
Today as my hubby is returning home after a three day long meeting I wanted to surprise him with a new dessert (He is very fond of sweets and every time he expects something new ). I was extremely happy when it turned out good and wanted to share this wonderful recipe with you all. So friends try it out and let me know the results. 

Serves 4
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS: 
  • Sabudana (Sago, chauwari) - 1/2 cup
  • Pineapple - 8oz.can or if fresh 1/4 cup ( I added the pineapple tidbits , you can use grated pineapple if you do not want to bite the pieces but prefer just the flavor )
  • Sugar - 1 cup
  • Milk- 2 cups
  • Cardamom powder - 1/4 tablespoon
  • Cashews , Almonds and Raisins - 2 tablespoons (crushed (Not powdered) pieces)
  • Ghee - 1 tablespoon

How to Prepare: 

Step 1: Wash sabudana in water two times and soak it in equal level water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep it in a strainer covered with a wet cloth for 3 hours.
 

Step 2: Boil one cup water and cook the sabudana in it .Strain the water and keep aside. Boil two cups milk and add sugar. When the milk is reduced in quantity add the cooked sabudana and boil for another 5 minutes. Add cardamom powder. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool. Refrigerate for one hour so that it attains a pudding consistency.


Step 3: In a small non stick pan, add three tablespoons sugar and when it melts add the pineapple pieces .Stir till the mixture thickens and pineapple is cooked well turning into slight brown color. Transfer it to another clean and dry vessel and refrigerate for one hour.After an hour mix the sabudana with the cooked pineapple.Allow it to set by chilling for another 30 minutes.

Step 4: Heat ghee in a small pan and saute broken pieces of cashews and almonds. When it turns slight brown add the raisins and saute till raisins puffs up. Keep it in another dry plate or vessel.
Allow to set.



Step 5: Serving
When it is time to serve , place a scoop of the pudding in a pudding cup and garnish with the cashews, raisins and almonds sauteed in ghee. Serve chilled.

2 comments:

  1. looks tasty... next time eniku undakitarane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yum... Really mouth watering.. You need to share such delicious dishes! (BY sharing i meant myself.. and FYI.. not virtual sharing!!!)

    ReplyDelete